Relationship Director - Direct Lending
Something happens when people come together.
From the connections we make spring ideas. Fresh solutions to big problems, from how to grow our crops and heat our homes, to how to support businesses and drive the economy. And from solutions like these flow opportunities to create value.
We call it the Triple Point. It’s the place where people, purpose, and profit meet. Since 2004, we’ve been targeting this Triple Point in areas like infrastructure, energy efficiency and social housing, unlocking investment opportunities that make a difference.
Working with the Direct Lending team, you will be responsible for originating and analysing Senior Debt opportunities for UK SMEs, and making recommendations for credit approval.
- Work with and provide assistance to the Head of Business Development for Direct Lending to originate, structure and analyse new funding requests
- Work directly with clients and the Direct Lending team to obtain all necessary financial statements and transaction information in order to create and analyse funding requests
- Track loan agreement compliance ensuring that the portfolio is monitored in line with terms of funding and Group Policy
- Prepare financial spreads and risk rating score cards
- Conduct company, industry and market analysis to further assess obligor and guarantor credit quality
- Work with Portfolio Managers to monitor covenant testing and borrower performance for the portfolio
- Work independently and as part of the team as and when required
In order to be considered for this opportunity you MUST fit the following criteria:
- Sound experience of commercial/SME lending, having operated in an active lending organisation with a focus on cash-flow lending (minimum of 5 years of lending experience);
- Experience of loan documentation negotiation and execution;
- Experience of developing new business opportunities in the SME borrowing market (desirable but not mandatory);
- Current knowledge of the commercial lending market, including pricing, competitors, products;
- Strong financial modeling and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Educated to degree level, ideally supported by a professional qualification in accountancy, banking or risk management;
In return, the successful candidate can expect an amazing, supportive culture, an excellent benefits package to include an extremely generous bonus, ongoing professional educational support and genuine opportunities for career advancement.
Apply today for further information!