Investment Associate - Energy
Something happens when people come together. From the connections we make spring ideas. Fresh solutions to big problems, from how to grow our crops and heat our homes, to how to support businesses and drive the economy. And from solutions like these flow opportunities to create value.
We call it the Triple Point. It’s the place where people, purpose, and profit meet. Since 2004, we’ve been targeting this Triple Point in areas like infrastructure, energy efficiency and social housing, unlocking investment opportunities that make a difference.
The role comprises both origination and execution of new investment opportunities for Triple Point’s energy fund, Triple Point Energy Efficiency Infrastructure Company Plc (“TEEC”).
Modelling and Evaluation
- Evaluating new potential equity and debt investments according to value and suitability for TEEC based upon fundamental and detailed investment analysis and understanding the dynamics of the investment sector
- Building financial models
- Review and analysis of target financial statements
- Understanding and optimising the project contractual structures from a financial perspective
- Define, document, and monitor all project assumptions
- Support with drafting investment proposals and investment committee presentations with support and input from investment directors
- Support in documentation management
- Support with ESG risk and opportunity analysis
- Involved in full transaction execution including supporting the negotiation of key termsand documentation
- Assisting with the preparation of investment committee papers for new opportunities
- Working closely with colleagues in the Portfolio Management team to help manage the transition of investments post-financial close
- Support with asset valuation reviews
- Monitoring and review of investment performance
- Conduct research on selected sectors or market segments to identify potential investment opportunities
- Support the wider Energy Investment team in the delivery of their objectives and responsibilities
- Provide assistance in transaction administration, ensuring compliance of internal procedures
In order to be considered for this role suitable applicants MUST:
- Be a capable and experienced financial modeller with a minimum of 2 year’s of extensive experience in a leading financial institution or fund working on infrastructure or energy transactions.
- Possess the ability to understand the key commercial aspects of energy projects as well as be able to
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, hardworking environment.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) would be preferred
In return the successful candidate can expect a fantastic postive working environment, and full support in obtaining professional qualifications if desired. The post holder will be able to make a real impact day to day and the ability to contribute ideas towards the ongoing success of the business.
Apply today for further information!